Master’s of Engineering (MEng) students can apply to the Applied Science Co-op program to gain practical industrial experience to complement formal engineering studies.
The industrial experience periods extend the duration of studies by 4 to 8 months. The Co-op program helps students become the engineers of the future by:
- Providing an opportunity to learn how to work effectively in the working world
- Assisting students decide on their future career objectives
- Providing meaning and context to academic studies
- Introducing students to potential future employers
- Generating an income that helps pay for university study costs
- Creating a work record that is attractive to potential employers
Masters students apply to the Co-op program during September of their first year of studies. Co-op students receive training introducing them to the working world, how to write an effective resume and how to give a strong interview.