CHBE undergrad students, grad students, faculty and staff are being SERVED a CHBE Volleyball Night, taking place from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 6th at the Student Recreation Centre (SRC) gymnasium (6000 Student Union Blvd).
Register with your team of 6 – 8 or as an individual! No previous volleyball experience needed. Spectators are welcome and also asked to register.
- Matches will include 3 sets to 5 points. Sets can be won by 1 point. The team winning 2 out of 3 sets will be awarded the match. (Subject to change depending on the number of teams)
- The tournament will be held indoors, in the SRC gym.
- Winning team gets bragging rights (you are all ACES in our books)!
Rules of the game:
- All players must be UBC CHBE students, staff or faculty
- 6 – 8 players per team. 6 players on the court + 2 replacements. If you don’t have a minimum of 6 players, we will do our best to find additional players for your team.
- Underhand serves only.
- Teams are mixed-gender*
- As your level of fun SPIKES, please remember to play respectfully.
*We acknowledge gender identity and gender expression as a spectrum. We support every participant’s right to assess their own gender in which to participate. If a person is gender non-conforming or gender expansive, they can participate in any team they feel is right for them.